2015 bush flying summary

1. Elaine says:

Thanks for sharing your interesting aviation journey with us and cannot wait to see what you get up to in 2016!

2. AJ says:

Mantaps bro!!…… thanks for sharing your experiences 🙂

3. sily says:

Silly question, why are the number of flights different of the total take-off+landing?

Number of flights: 935 flights
    Total take-offs/landings: 938

• Matt Dearden says:

It’s very common for that to be the case because if I’m doing some training, I will often do circuits to practice take-offs and landings. So I may do 3 or more in one flight. With the Catalina, it is a multi-crew aircraft so only one of the pilots will do the take-off and landing on each flight. So on some flights you many not do a them as the other pilot is.

Hope this clears it up for you!

4. Neil says:

Really enjoy your blogs and postings and sensational photos.
    Happy New Year and thanks!

5. Bill Stowe says:

Thank you, Matt. Please keep the adventure coming.

I am a 747 Captain. Wanna change places?

6. Pedro Rego says:

Great stuff Matt, all the best for your life mate!
    Still think you made the best choice career wise, cheers and safe landings!

7. Yoga says:

I’m really a big fan of you and really admiring your flying in Papua. To fly in a such beatiful place like that is one of my dream

8. Aditya says:

Dude, really inspiring diary and how i love to meet u someday! Im 23 and I do like to start my education of becoming a pilot this year, hopefully so. Im an Indonesian national, do they require ME lisence to apply for a job? How about insurance options, And how many years or hours would i need to have before i can work in Papua? The lifestyle, chalengges and salary suits me up i think, i love Papua! By the way i have watched all the episodes and its the best place to be a pilot, ever i think! U living a nice life man! Keep the spirit up!

9. Krissie says:

Hi Matt. I watched your show from Canada. You’re such a great pilot with nice personalities. You should consider to be a pro writer. Wish you all the best.