Worst Place to be a Pilot TV series

Hi I just tried to watch the first episode from the channel 4 website but it says : “the service is not currently available in your area”. I am currently in australia, Melbourne. Is there a way I can watch it? Cheers Andrew

Same problem in france and luxemburg

Cya roy

u need to use a prox yserver in UK

Its on you tube. A bit dramatic but worth a look

5. Bill says:

Watched 1st episode last week and found it really interesting, so am recording the episodes as they re broadcast. Currently watching 2nd episode; also very good. Only ever been to Jakarta in Indonesia, but I’ve flown in small ‘planes (oil company operated) into desert airstrip locations in the Middle East – as a passenger – so am finding this a really engrossing series. Will look forward to seeing you in the next 2 episodes. All the best and stay safe 🙂

6. Pau says:

Saw the “guy with the axe” clip on the first episode and remembered your blog. I like the TV show even with the extra-dramatic point of view im not really fan of.

7. Emma Mac says:

I loved it and I have a fear of flying so that’s a pretty big win! You came across really well and I think jacking in the IT job for such an adventure was a great move (says the girl in the IT job) x

8. Emma Mac says:

🙂 Any tips for getting over this pesky fear of flying thing? I watched one of your videos on Twitter where you were taking off from this ridonkulous (yes, it was that scary, it needed a whole new word) runway that was like a ski jump (those, I actually enjoy) and my heart was in my mouth! x

• Matt Dearden says:

Well I don’t suppose you’ll be flying as a passenger in quite the conditions I have to! Commercial aviation is incredibly safe and all I can suggest is to simply keep flying. The more you do, the easier it will get (oh and a couple of glasses of red beforehand always helps me doze off – as a passenger I hasten to add!)

9. Emma Mac says:

Oh god, can you imagine! If I were to fly as your passenger, you’d probably boot me out of the plane! So far, just getting on flights and (like you say) having a drink or two has been the most effective solution. And, you know, the occasional quiet little cry into the on board magazine! Hopefully, one day I’ll be able to actually enjoy the experience. x

10. SkyPilgrim says:

Hi Matt .great blog ,
    just finished watching season 1 . will there be another season ?
    i used to fly the twin otter and beaver buzzing around low level. Then jumped on a caravan for 5 year . most fun flying i ever did .
    I then flew the 727 and i am now on the 737 for an airline . You are doing it right . I miss the old days of having fun in an airplane . If you ever come to canada let me know , i am based out of vancouver BC .
    Fly safe and take care

• Matt Dearden says:

I keep looking Canada way as a possible next step but am enjoying the flying here a bit too much to move on just yet.

Not aware of a season two for the TV series but I hear season 1 is going to be shown in the US on Discovery so we’ll see if that brings any more interest for a second season.

Cheers

Hello Matt or Mr Moose. as you are known elsewhere in the vehicular world! The first series of this show will be on SBS 1 (free to air) in Australia next Monday night 26/1/15 at 8.30pm. We’re only 5 months behind down here!

Rgds
    motomk

12. Niina says:

Hi Matt, just finished watching the show here in Finland and I am speechless! That’s what I call Flying 🙂 I work as a flight attendant on big jets, studying to become a pilot (just got my PPL) and you have given me tons of new exciting inspiration and perspective 🙂 I really felt your passion for what you’re doing. Thank you for an awesome blog. Fly safe!

13. El says:

Hi Matt. You’re awesome!

14. Luis says:

Hey Matt!! I just watch the show in Los Angeles, its really exited what you guys do outthere. I will love to fly there!!.
    I was wondering if we could email I have a few questions if you could answerd me, I’ll apreciate it!! Fly safe!!

• Matt Dearden says:

Hi Luis, if you’d like to know more there’s plenty of information on the blog in the FAQs section accessed in the bar at the top of the page. If you’ve got a question not answered in there, feel free to contact me on the contact page also accessed from the menu bar at the top.

Cheers!

15. J S Christensen says:

Greetings from Austin, Texas, USA. So glad to have found Season One on YouTube. You’ve got a bunch of fans at our house, a bit late to the party but earnest nonetheless.

Just amazing flying. Bravo! I was looking for some videos to send to my son’s friend (age 15) who is working his way (penny by penny, hour by hour) toward his pilot’s license. Not sure if his mom will ever speak to me again if I show her these “Worst Place to be a Pilot” episodes, but they are all very well filmed, edited, etc.

Thanks for letting us tag along inside your cockpit. Such equanimity with all those popping steel drums of fuel. It seems to me that, but for a decade or so re: timing, you could be piloting for any number of space agencies, working staff and supply runs to space stations in low earth orbit. From our side of the world, it appears you have the mental constitution, and a strong heart. A brush up on some orbital mechanics, some hours in the space flight simulator, and you’d be good to go.

All the best, and good luck to you Sir.

16. Pilot Online says:

nice sharing, my blog is about pilot online