Learning about the Moni tribes

1. What a wonderful experience for you my Son, fascinating! The best thing is you’ll be exchanging that life for a more mundane one here in Axbridge this week!

2. Ababe Ezung says:

wow amazing story ……………

3. Wow:) my dream is to come to Indonesia:) how much flying experience do I need to join susi air?

4. 7thirtyseven says:

Matt, you probably would enjoy Jared Diamond’s last book.
    Enjoyed this blog.

Callum check the Susi Air site, or even if you look bit more around here you will find the answer. It is interesting to see how you young people (forgive me if I am wrong) expect everything to be served out for you. Some efford is apprecieted…

Matt thank you very much for interesting and inspiring stories. It is pleasure to read them. I have been following your blog for a bit more than half a year and I am always looking forward to read another story, another adventure.
    Keep up your good work and if you have time for a drink when you are in Jakarta please feel free to give me a call if you please. I am based out of Halim on old f27…
    Take care and be safe.
    Regards
    Sasha
    081210005306

• Matt Dearden says:

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Got to love those old Fokkers, not many of them left there days! I’m in UK at the moment on holiday but will give you a shout when I next pass through Jakarta.

Cheers

• sascha410 says:

Hi Matt,
      Looking forward. Any time, I live near Tebet Green, 10 min from Halim. So if you have a time when passing by give me a shout.
      Take care

6. Libor Smolik says:

Matt, this so interesting read! I can’t even imagine how it must be for one’s mind to shuffle every day with a modern aircraft between civilisation and native villages in the remote areas!

7. Yuli Rozak says:

it’s just very awesome that I can’t even tell a word..

8. rudy says:

JOHN or in our language(ZANI MALA) is West Papuan hero.
    GOD bless him

9. Pete B says:

Just watching you meet John on TV and googled for a bit more info about him and the Moni people. Fascinating stuff. Glad you got to take a film crew with you. Next time you visit ask about the white pig ceremonies.

10. El says:

I just found your show on Youtube. This episode was really interesting. Glad I found that you blogged about it. Thanks! It would be really neat if someone did a show about John and his work there.

• Matt Dearden says:

Thanks! It certainly would be cool if someone made a documentary about John, he’s a really interesting chap with some amazing stories to tell.