1000 hours flying the Pilatus Porter

1. gerald sam says:

Nice experience matt, how long you take for 1000 flight hours? And how many hours that’s need for captain position in porter (a specialy in susi air)?

2. GEOFF says:

Congrats Matt! you’re right. best moments of flights are take off and landaing…

wonderful. I have an RV9A and enjoy puttering around the states. your kind of flying is truly a dream!

• Matt Dearden Matt Dearden says:

Thanks! I love Vans aircraft. One day when I settle down somewhere I see myself building an RV8. I’ve already built a car so and aircraft’s surely the logical next step right?

4. Jose CH says:

Hello Matt. Congrats for your excellent Susi Air blog (and actually the job !).
    I am from Argentina, ICAO CPL, 1100 Hs TT, King Air (150+ Hs) C208 (one Ferry SIC USA to Argentina, 33 Hs) and Learjet SIC experience (220 Hs).
    Sent my CV to Susi but no reply.
    Do you have the latest situation about hiring at the moment ? I am 47 y/o…Also Polish passport, besides the Argentina one. Are there any Latin American pilots working there ? Thanks a lot for your reply. Jose ( josecheja@gmail.com )

• Matt Dearden Matt Dearden says:

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your comments on the blog. I’m really not sure of the current hiring situation here at the moment. Last I heard was there was a bit of a recruitment freeze but things change pretty quickly out here so it could be lifted at any time.

There’s something like 250+ pilots working here and due to me living in one of the most remote parts of the country, I have little contact with most of them. I know we have had a few pilots from Latin America in the past though.

I’d suggest following up your initial application with a polite email to our HR people, asking what the current situation is. I know they get a lot of applicants every day, so don’t expect a quick reply. They only work Monday to Friday (usual office hours).

Good luck!

• Booth devitt says:

Hey

I’ve got a few watch question, as I see you are a watch fiend, as am I. Please write me at wheresbooth@gmail.com

• Matt Dearden Matt Dearden says: